Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Waterford House



This is Waterford House in Avoca, Victoria. Years ago J and I fell in love with this home so it was with great pleasure to show some of my work here as apart of the first Avoca EcoFestival.







This bedroom has inspired the painting for our hall way - loving the black doors and the ceiling to floor curtains.



The garden has been designed by a local landscape artist Mel Ogden. I just love the use of slate - I would never have entertained this idea due to the heat that slate creates - but doesn't it look great!

Waterford House is central to the Avocal project initiated by Lyndal Jones. She is interested in working across community with artists from around the world - creating works that focus on climate change and in particular water use. The house stands directly facing the Avoca River.

Complementing the art show was a festival in the town - having talks and also fantastic second hand clothing stalls. I was a good trigger thinking about the content for the Sustainability Festival I am putting together this coming March.

2 comments:

PlanningQueen said...

What a stunning house! Hope your exhibition went well. The sustainability festival looks like it will be fun.

gracia said...

From the first photo posted, my! what a house. Your work seems the perfect fit for such a place. Congratulations.